How much is “too much”?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Ashima Aggarwal
    Participant

I struggle with this. As legal counsel, I think I’m pretty good at maintaining a balance between getting essential info and overworking a file. However, I see my colleagues in other functions asking rounds and rounds of questions and am curious whether others have been able to build a culture around balanced due diligence that is observed by all stakeholders.

Hugh Jones
    Participant

I have witnessed an overly complicated DD process sour the seller relationship. One must be cautious in the assessment of the required DD and balance the process in relation to the value of the transaction and target size.

Martin Tse
    Participant

From my experience, it is based on how much data is provided in the ‘Sellers’ data room, this can make the process go more smoothly or where information is lacking, can be more detailed and long. Also the size and the complexity of the ‘Sellers’ environment can determine how much is too much. I usually perform a 30,000ft snapshot and work downward depending on the data and the information provided.

Meg Ver
    Participant

It is better to perform a thorough DD prior rather than spending money post close to address the concerns or isuses not discovered during DD. With my experience I have seen issues emerge during PMI which derail or delay the integrations of two orgs but if we do not conduct thorough DD, I can’t even imagine the drill we have to go through during post merger integration.

Joshua Tan Lien Hoe
    Participant

Depends on the size of the target and if there are specific red flags / concerns about the target

Kester Low
    Participant

Better to spend on DD than to enter transactions that pose significant risks/have negative returns/complete mismatch in cultures. I think it is too risky to neglect the full DD processes just because of initial upfront costs such as salaries of members involved in DD process.

Yeonlin Leonard Lee
    Participant

Think it also depends on the transfer of message/information from DD team to the management, sometimes what we thought is clear others might interpret it differently thus different action taken

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

Book a Demo

Book a Demo

Request a Brochure

Request a Brochure

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

In order to become a charterholder you need to complete one of the IMAA programs