Legal Mergers & Acquisitions Expert (LM&A)
Promising deals can go awry because of poor understanding of legal aspects or simply, a lack of preparation and negligence. The Legal Mergers and Acquisitions Expert certification training program covers all relevant topics within the M&A process from a legal standpoint: pre-deal, during due diligence and negotiations, as well as post acquisition.
Join a global network of legal experts and M&A professionals interested in legal issues and become a LM&A Charterholder!
WHAT TO EXPECT
The LM&A certificate provides participants with a solid foundation in M&A and prepares them for the various challenges during the deal and equip them with the best practices and a thorough understanding of relevant legal aspects.
- M&A Process and Due Diligence
In order to add more value to deals by providing adequate legal advice, understand the M&A process, goals and roles of the various people and perspectives involved. In addition to conducting a Legal Due Diligence, get a better view on other due diligence areas as well.
- Structuring the Deal
Different types of mergers lead to different types of challenges in the legal arena. Learn to manage multiple legal challenges that arise in different geographies and jurisdictions.
- Identify Red Flags
Receive an exclusive look on Best Practices when evaluating agreements and identify red flags which may arise during deal evaluation.
- Undertand legal M&A contracts and tax considerations
Learn from our experts how to successfully navigate through employment contracts, anti-trust and competition law and intellecutal property law.
The LM&A program is structured in four modules based on our LM&A Framework and Body of Knowledge for Mergers & Acquisitions. It consists of four modules:
KEY FACTS & FEES
- Onsite and Virtual Live: 30 hours; Online: approx. 60 hours
- Leading faculty from academia, leading law firms and inhouse legal teams
- Split into four, easy-to-digest modules
- Content updated regularly
- Prequisite: Hold an academic degree (e.g. PhD, JD, DBA, LLM, MBA or Bachelor Degree); and/or hold one or more professional designations (such as CPA, CFA, CAIA or equivalent)
- Online Program $2’990 USD
- Virtual Live Program $3’990 USD
- Life-long access to the most up-to-date online course content*
- Onsite programs include hard copies of all presentations and materials
- LM&A Charter and Designation upon completion
- First year of Annual Membership Fee
- Access to the entire IMAA e-Library
- Global network of charterholders and experts
- Continued Education / Continued Professional Development: 10 hours bi-annually of relevant online or onsite
education provided by IMAA (online CE/CPD included in the annual membership fee)
While you will meet an international mix of participants from various industries, the Legal Mergers & Acquisitions program is designed for legal professionals (inhouse or lawyers) as well as for mid-management to senior executives in the C-Suite, directors of public and private companies, board leaders, and heads of strategy and corporate development. It might also be suitable for management consultants, advisers, investment bankers, and private equity investors. Individuals and teams are welcome to attend.
After successfully completing the program, you will receive the LM&A Charter as a soft copy as well as a digital seal for use on your social media profile and/or other websites.
We Are Trusted By
live & interactive
Networking opportunities are provided in all programs to connect with an elite and diverse group of professionals and instructors.
Join the ONLINE PROGRAM and start right away:
- Real world content developed and instructed by legal M&A practitioners
- Well structured and balanced content to understand business and legal isses
- Materials specifically designed for online use
You can complete the program part-time while working and without the need to travel to any course or examination location.
This bundle includes all 4 modules:
- Essentials of M&A
- Due Diligence
- Legal 1
- Legal 2
Register now and get started with your LM&A Certification program!
Available worldwide - 24/7