Will M&A pick up in 2023?

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mingmin Yu
    Participant

As financial challenges disrupted M&A activities in some regions last year, do you think it will pick up in 2023? And which sector will be hot?

Nathan Komorowski
    Participant

In my industry, Banking and Credit Union, the M&A activities have grown each year over the last 10 at least. The initial thought is that this trend will continue for the foreseeable future. There is a mindset in some areas that if you are not actively trying to find a partner to merge in, you will be the next one to be absorbed.

H Mingmin:

I predict M&A activity to increase, especially as markets become saturated. I also expect more international versus domestic activity. This is due to the fact it is becoming more and more difficult and costly to enter foreign markets without some form of presence, creating a need for M&As, especially in emerging and growing markets.

~Pamala

Janani Ravishankar
    Participant

I think there will be more M&As in times to come. During and post pandemic, many organizations may resort to this for sustenance and even survival.

Fumiya Igarashi
    Participant

I think the tourism industry is recovering amd there will be more M&A opportunities in that area. More and more international travelers are flying that may promote reorganizations.

Clarence Yeo
    Participant

I think there’ll be a decline in both global deal volumes and values possibly during the 1st half of 2023, in tandem with the slowing down of the USA economy due to rising interest rates from the Fed’s effort to control the inflation rate. This trend may continue for the 2nd half of 2023, if the Fed remain hawkish in its monetary policy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

Book a Demo

Book a Demo

Request a Brochure

Request a Brochure

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

In order to become a charterholder you need to complete one of the IMAA programs