use of technology in the PMI

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    VishnuVardhan A
    Participant

how does integrating technology in the M&A process help in bringing out the PMI more efficiently and effectively?

Your question requires more specificity. Are you asking about integrating technology between the merging entities (i.e. ERP systems, HRIS, ATS, LMS, WMS, etc.) or are you asking about the use of technology by consultants to facilitate the deal process (i.e. Dealroom, Visual Workforce, Ansarada, etc.)?

The former can be the root cause of issues and actually slow the PMI. The latter can facilitate and increase the speed of sharing documents, collaboration, and data collection which, in turn, could speed up the PMI and improve efficiency/effectiveness… depending on how such tools are used and the buy-in/transparency between the merging entities and any external M&A consultants.

My experience with Newell Brands integration of Legacy Jarden corporation was that the technology was an impediment. That was a LARGE deal ($16B post merger) and there were 20+ ERPs, ATS, LMS, HRIS, and other technology solutions that had to be coordinated. Big picture at the time when I was there was to eventually get all onto SAP for the ERP, Taleo for the ATS, Hyperion for financial data integration, and a few other systems, but that was just prior to my leaving company and prior to the spinoff of several legacy Jarden Corporation entities (Rawlings, Waddington, Pure Fishing, Jostens, and Process Solutions).

In the Newell example, this technology challenge, combined with cultural differences, were the root of many frustrations and ultimately exits by key talent. The hodge-podge collection of technology was an outward representation of the internal culture at Jarden – a collection of individuals at Jarden where Newell was an individual collective. Making that square peg (Jarden) fit into the round hole (Newell) was more challenging than Apollo 13! And the spin offs that followed as well as upheaval at the top reflects just how challenging it was.

This was a long winded response to your question that essentially means… it depends. When performing due diligence, its not just about the numbers, its about identifying the challenges that will be faced with integration, its about sketching out high-level solutions to those challenges, and that includes for people, culture, and technology tools. Answers to the questions, “Which ERP will be used going forward? How will the remaining technology integrate into the ERP? Does that mean we consolidate into one HRIS or do we need to acquire an entirely different HRIS? Will the data from existing systems be able to seamlessly integrate into the new or single solution? How will the people embrace the technology and/or technological change?”, are critical during the due diligence phase and integration planning.

VishnuVardhan A
    Participant

i recently came across an article where there is are efforts going on to integrate Artificial intelligence into Merger and acquisition deals. its expected to completed by 2025 and from then on the deals wont get dragged on for months like they are now but get tentatively completed within few weeks.

i wanted to know if any has worked transactions alongside Artificial Intelligence.(even if its experimental) i am sharing a link for reference

https://techcrunch.com/2021/05/14/as-ma-accelerates-deal-makers-are-leveraging-ai-and-ml-to-keep-pace/

lindajames
    Participant

As for technology, I use iPhone 14 Pro. Recently this Flower Power iPhone Case from Orase has caught my attention. The floral design is vibrant and truly captivating. I’ve heard good things about Orase cases. Have any of you experienced this case, and what are your thoughts on its quality and style?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

Book a Demo

Book a Demo

Request a Brochure

Request a Brochure

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

In order to become a charterholder you need to complete one of the IMAA programs