Term Sheet – Help please

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    DDLAN
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I have a question re: Assignment #2 in M&A Essentials, part of which is to create a Term Sheet for an acquisition of interest.

What is the level of expectation here, in terms of filling out a TS for the deal we are describing?

The task of describing an acquisition is a simple first assignment, but I’m thrown by the complexity of the Term Sheet they use as a sample as it looks like it was completed by a legal professional. There has also been little or no focus on Term Sheets in the course so far.

Any guidance appreciated!

Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/longford/

Thanks,

David

Alison Wills
    Participant

I agree the term sheet assignment is very overwhelming! I found it helpful to search the acquisition document for the key terms in listed in each section of the term sheet. A lot of the language is very much legal-ese, but I just did the best I could translating it for the purpose of the term sheet when needed. Hope this helps!

DDLAN
    Participant

Thanks Alison!

Ievgen Sheliekhov
    Participant

Hi David. As a lawyer, I worked a lot with such documents. I suggest you to search for template of a term sheet on Internet and then fill this in with your particular transaction information. Term sheet is usually not a legally binding document, so its wording should not be as complicated as in a binding contract. Just try to transfer the general sense and keep it short and precise.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

Book a Demo

Book a Demo

Request a Brochure

Request a Brochure

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

In order to become a charterholder you need to complete one of the IMAA programs