Strategy behind Hostile Takeovers

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Millie Manning
    Participant

I’m curious if anyone has a good example of a hostile takeover that resulted in a successful post-merger integration. In the aftermath of the Kraft-Cadbury takeover, 20+ senior executives left Cadbury, complaints were made across departments about cultural differences and process changes, and the Kraft business was subsequently split into multiple companies in 2012, passing Cadbury off to the newly established “Mondelez International.” This would lead me to conclude that it was a failure, although it depends on your metric for success. I would expect many hostile takeovers would be extremely difficult to integrate due to lack of cooperation and bad chemistry. Does anyone have an example of a success? What is the strategic rationale for assuming control of a company that is unwilling to negotiate a deal?

Source: https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/cons-products/food/cadbury-kraft-not-as-sweet-as-a-chocolate/articleshow/10835547.cms?from=mdr

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

Book a Demo

Book a Demo

Request a Brochure

Request a Brochure

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

In order to become a charterholder you need to complete one of the IMAA programs