Standardizing M&A Process

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Abdullah Aziz
    Participant

Each M&A opportunity has its own characteristics, parameters and challenges, which implies different response and assessment methods and criteria.

Are you with standardizing the M&A process for all M&A transactions, or do you believe a customized process for each M&A transaction is more practical?

We understand that in some cases there are a sort of due diligence (check-list) whenever a firm is pursing an M&A transaction. I think firms should have the flexibility to either endorse the standard DD, or adjust their assessment depends on the sector, timing..etc.

Khalid Ameen
    Participant

I believe the M&A high-level process can be followed for all the different M&As. The industries or the countries should not alter any of these high-level guidelines. However, the specifics, in terms of functions and streams, should be customized based on the deal taking place.

Osamah Bukhari
    Participant

Each M&A deal is different but I would encourage to have an overall acquisition institutional process or M&A corporate strategy in place

Peggie Chan
    Participant

I agree with the others that every integration is unique and different. However, I do feel you can gain great value in creating a standardized process and templates that will create a great starting point for any integration. We’re in the process of creating a “Playbook” to address pain points, beginning with due diligence to create a more streamlined and efficient process for next go round. Best of luck

Andy Aguiluz
    Participant

Love this question. It could be worth exploring which aspects of the process are always the same (per deal type) to standardize those and leave room for customizing the aspects that should be tailored to that deal.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

Request a Brochure

Request a Brochure

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

Book a Demo

Book a Demo