Risks of AI to M&A Professionals

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Ching Wi Karin Chua
    Participant

I think AI can do the generating of financials, analytics required on the financial side. However, AI cannot perform the socio-economic, cultural and human resources side of the M&A process. This is a major factor contributing to the success/failure of M&A deal. Hence, i think M&A professionals are still in very good demand with the much needed inter personal, subjective and judgmental view of the M&A process.

Tyler Grimm
    Participant

I agree with the general message, already shared by many, as I believe AI will continue to develop as a useful tool within the industry. I anticipate that we will soon see an advantage with automation of due diligence processes and target company search capabilities.

I would be interested to partner with anyone currently pursuing this topic. Please feel free to reach out and connect.

David C
    Participant

While AI brings substantial value as a technical resource, it ultimately cannot replace human logic. So while AI can help automate/expedite specific M&A tasks, it will never be the ‘end all, be all solution’; it will always require a human’s review, updates, and approvals. Thanks for posting!

Mark Hassell
    Participant

I agree with the general consensus. A greater percentage of M&A related tasks and work streams will be able to be handled by AI, however critical parts of the transaction – negotiation, relationship building, thinking about cultural impacts, business development etc. will still need to be handled by a senior, experienced person……I hope!

Ching Wi Karin Chua
    Participant

AI will not be able to replace human in the M&A process because the entire M&A process has some parts on the human and cultural side. Having said that, AI can enhance the financial DD by analyzing the data in the most time efficient manner. My take is AI will enhance human efforts and not replace human.

Alan
    Participant

I loved this post and the many comments surrounding it. I believe that AI is a double edged sword. It brings in quite a lot of benefits, and its own set of challenges.

I believe AI can judge in most areas in a better manner than humans (assuming perfect AI), and that it reduces the chances of bias playing a role in the overall process. On the flip side, most ‘value’ that is seen in M&A are not necessarily rational or quantifiable. It is mostly judgmental and far from the perfect models that AI are trained on. This is where humans experience can come into play, bringing in a touch of understanding and a better scope of the overall objective.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

Book a Demo

Book a Demo

Request a Brochure

Request a Brochure

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

In order to become a charterholder you need to complete one of the IMAA programs