Retention of key employees

This topic contains 24 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by   3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Participant

A preservation integration approach may be an option

NILTON YONEZAVA
    Participant

I think that demonstrating special care with critical people, with a crafted benefits plan and involvement in the co-creating of the future state may help with the engagement.

Participant

As already mentioned in the various posts above, having 1) transparency, 2) clarity, and 3) solid retention employment agreements in place asap for the key employees is mission #1!

Matthias Arnet
    Participant

Fully agree with most what has been said before. I think providing clarity on the strategy and vision of the company is of utmost importance.
    If key people decide to leave, which is not only bad and is sometimes understandable, continuing an open communication towards the other employees is important (e.g. reasons why this employee leaves etc.) in order to create a culture of trust and transparency.

Dmitry Govorov
    Participant

Timely engagement with key employees and HR integration function of the acquiring team is required.

Greg Kitchen
    Participant

Culture definitely matters a lot. Having a compatible culture can help maintain normalcy after a period of disruption. Also, understanding the key employees goals (e.g., career, family, compensation) is important in satisfying those desires to retain that employee.

In the deal there have to be provisions about employees, as well as clauses restricting the ability of the current owners to operate again as a competitor.
    I would like to hear a specific example, though if the company acquired is based for its performance on a couple of employees, it is a risky acquisition and this has to be taken into account.There is still the option to offer shares under clauses to the employees so they keep working for at least a period.

Ahmed Zainalabedin
    Participant

I agree with what have been said in this post. Company should come with a clear retention plans for key employees that would include career planning, incentives, bonuses, and contract negotiation, if applicable.

Joaquin Blanco Diez
    Participant

Sometimes key people in the acquired company might not be key people in the NewCo. For those who are, try to elevate and get them a new role. Spend time discussing with them on opportunities moving forward in the new venture. Always be transparent on the role they will play.

Participant

I’m not sure that can ever be 100% mitigated short of employments where they’re legally bound. In that case, relationship management is paramount to contain any negative culture or political challenges that employee may cause. I’ve seen where leadership is hoping the acquired leader would screw up so they had a legal reason to get rid of them, and just the risk of not performing the person was that disruptive.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Loading.. Please wait