Red Flags

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michelle Diago
    Participant

What are the biggest red flags you look for during due diligence? And when is a red flag a showstopper or just a challenge?

Peggie Chan
    Participant

From a compliance stand point, we look for potential risks for the parent organizations, e.g., high risk contracts, partners, or geographies.

Nathan Taylor
    Participant

Within the SME space, I look for key employee and customer concentration risk, quality of earnings, family entanglements (i.e., does the son or daughter of the seller work in a key function).

Kevin Deasy
    Participant

I don’t think any red flag should ever be classified as a showstopper, except when it is clear and obvious misinformation. I believe red flags are additive. The biggest issue, in my opinion, is 1. not recognizing a red flag and being surprised later, and 2. not connecting the dots between different red flags.

Greg Jessup
    Participant

Sometime the realization of outside influences, such as labor unions can stop the process. In fact, the only time I have seen us get deep into the process and stop was as a result of unresolved labor union issues.

Brian Brown
    Participant

I think in DD the goal is to look for things that can go wrong and have a significant effect on the company. For example a lawsuit that could ruin the companies reputation – this would probably be a showstopper if you felt the lawsuit had merit. Some of the risks can be mitigated – for example if a certain business is not wanted , it could be sold prior to the M&A.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

Request a Brochure

Request a Brochure

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

Book a Demo

Book a Demo