Project Management Tools

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Erin Gray
    Participant

Which project management applications/tools do you use for M&A integration projects?

SHurd
    Participant

Hi Erin!

I choose the Project Management tool that all parties can access to help streamline the process. If they use Jira (my preference), I’ll use Jira. However, if that organization prefers to leverage Google Sheets or Confluence, I’ll adopt that. I find being adaptive to the tools the team is already familiar with help to build trust.

Eiron Roffey
    Participant

Hi Erin,

I’ve used MS Project as well as Smartsheet. Both work well. I like the dashboards that Smartsheet puts out. At the end of the day it doesn’t really matter what tool you use. The more important factor is adoption and having the team use the tool.

Brad Albert
    Participant

Agree with the comments above. I’ve found its best to adapt to the tools of the organization you’re working for. On occasion I’ve introduced something new, but mostly just leveraging what’s out of box is typically sufficient and then tailoring it to your audience.

Veronica R
    Participant

It seems like many of us are aligned here in ultimately saying that the tools are the tools are the tools and it doesn’t really matter which one you’re using for your M&A project or any other project. What’s more important is considering a tool that the audience is already familiar with. There’s plenty of change going on already, why complicate it with a new PM tool? Also, the project plan needs to be able to do the tracking and reporting that provide visibility into the health of the integration and the status of activities. Just like any other project, the PMI project will have dependencies and real business consequences if it goes over time or over budget.

Agreed also that the PM tool is not the one that matters the most. Important is updates on the plan to be argued and sufficiently explained to the project team members with clear directions.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

Book a Demo

Book a Demo

Request a Brochure

Request a Brochure

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

In order to become a charterholder you need to complete one of the IMAA programs