Prep for hand off to Integration Team

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ashley Sekeres 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anne Becker
    Participant

What are some tips that can be employed to help prep an acquisition hand off to an integration team if some of the integration team members do not participate in due diligence?

Silman Ondrej Dia
    Participant

Hi there,

Communication is key. You mentioned “some” of the integration members did not participate in DD, does that mean some other integrations team members participated? If that is the case then you should be briefed by those who attended DD.

Christoffer Balieu
    Participant

I agree with Silman on this one. Naturally, if some integration team members did not participate in the DD process, it is crucial that the integration team, as a whole, sit down to walk through key observations from the DD to ensure all team members are briefed.

Niral Shah
    Participant

Hi Anne,

Once the deal is closed, there should be a formal hand off from DD team to integration teams. This can be achieved by DD read out by the due diligence team on their findings for each functional workstream clearly presenting the assumption or mitigation plan assumed in the business case atleast for the high-risk items. Integration team then need to align their plans as per the mitigation planned.
    This can either be by stream or one read out session where all streams participate is preffered in my view as there maybe many cross functional dependencies and knowledge sharing as well.
    These meetings can be arranged virtually and can be recorded as well, to help bring any new member joining the integration team up to speed with the deal specifics.
    I agree with the points made above, the handover is extremely important as in many cases DD team is separate from Integration team.

Ashley Sekeres
    Participant

Preform a level set meeting with a prepared list of questions to be able to preform integration tasks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Loading.. Please wait