Negotiation remotely

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Akrem Mouffouk
    Participant

Negotiation without physical presence can be quite challenging as 55% of the communication is nonverbal, 38% vocal, and 7% words, this means in best cases assuming that someone can master the words and the vocals, we are left with 45% of the total communication, that’s selecting the words carefully and using the right tone of voice is really crucial, to help the situation having a camera open on a proper position and lighting can help get a bit more from the 55% of the nonviable communication.

Paolo C
    Participant

My experience is mixed. I realized that on-line negotiations tend to last longer. Many more meetings are required. When I want to close a deal I go there in persona and I will not quit the room without the deal finalized. The counterpart will get tired if they are not used and they will feel under pressure to close the deal.

RongFang LYE
    Participant

Negotiation remotely means body language will be absent hence it will not be effective in gauging the reaction of the counterparty to the message of the negotiation.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

Book a Demo

Book a Demo

Request a Brochure

Request a Brochure

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

In order to become a charterholder you need to complete one of the IMAA programs