Management Hubris

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 6 months ago by Laura Manganotti Mills.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Wondering about the best techniques to frame management hubris during the target screening phase or DD phase ?

Sara Jane Knox
    Participant

I thought the use of Red and Blue teams explored in the Polycoms case study was interesting, tasking individuals to unpick the transaction’s drawbacks could be a tool to counter management hubris.

The Red and Blue Teams is a smart technique. The thing is that I have never seen implementing it, I suspect that it is time-consuming and its adoption may actually be pushed back by the senior management.
    I wonder if M&A consultants/The Board of the Buyer Company/Shareholders may not have tried to avail of a psychologist to help with hubris. HRM may have some degree of knowledge of psychology, but not necessarily enough (a number of HRMs have a labor law background) to influence behaviours/mindsets of those executives pushing in favour of the deal.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

Book a Demo

Book a Demo

Request a Brochure

Request a Brochure

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

In order to become a charterholder you need to complete one of the IMAA programs