M&A Lessons Learned

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Matthew Au 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Kara
    Participant

When conducting Lessons Learned for M&A, how does your organization traditionally do it? We broke our M&A into different segments (workforce transition, standardization on our HCM system – headquarters, standardization on our HCM system – field, etc.) and are doing a separate M&A for each. We send out a survey on the topic and ask for general themes on what went well and what could be approved, put it into a presentation, and conduct a face-to-face session. How does this compare to what your organization does? Recommendations for improvements?

Thant Coleman
    Participant

Kara

I typically log lessons learned in two ways … I take the traditional project management approach and have the Integration Teams solicit lessons learned from the workstream/project members. I also solicit lessons learned from the key functional area managers as their opinions tend to consider factors that could or did negatively impact the benefits/synergies and the IMO/PMO resources typically wont. I wish this wasn’t the case, but it is an unfortunate reality.
    If you’d like to discuss further, please feel free to reach out.

Agreed with Thant. Aslo I have learnt that the communication between teams is a key to the success of the M&A.

Nick Picone
    Participant

Our process is a little less formal. I solicit the Integration team for Lessons learned after the Integration is complete and log them into a SharePoint list to keep a running history in the hopes of not making the same mistakes twice.

Matthew Au
    Participant

We typically update our best practices PPT and Excel sheet. To ensure further lessons learned and process improvement, I meet with each Functional Leader and ask them for feedback (what worked well, what could be improve, what is one thing we can work on together?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Loading.. Please wait