Integration best practices

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Stephane Hetroy
    Participant

What in your view is the best approach / method to improve the integration success rate for a serial acquirer company mid and long-term? we have always heard about iterative processes, preparation of PMO and workstreams ahead of signing, etc. but why we do still see based on research papers such a high failure rate in M&A transactions (I am really thinking about transaction adding value and not break even… thus a 80% or 70% of transactions destroying value or not bringing much except a volume effect and fees)

Yiwei Lee
    Participant

In reality, it would be difficult to really predetermine / predict any issues before PMO takes place. Hence, I believe that the managers / chief executives would have to fundamentally be aligned so that they can drive organizational changes

Michael Fortunato
    Participant

It’s also difficult to define success in objective terms and then generalize across all M&A. Having worked on many transformations, I would say that most all of them eventually declare victory when really they are just stopping. Often, the real goals of the organization are not well defined and even if they are, the people doing the work are unaware or confused. So I think the research is pointing out that most M&A events struggle to hit the original financial targets and shareholders suffer in the short-term, but winning is an infinite game and we never know what knock-on effects the acquisition might have in the future.

Jarrod Patterson
    Participant

I’m new to M&A but I think Michael makes a great point about making sure the goals are well defined and transparent to all stakeholders. As with any project, a clear mission or charter is critical to defining success and to ensuring that everyone is working towards the same goal.

Neharikadagar
    Participant
    growthstarboard
    Participant

The organization’s true objectives are not clearly stated, and even when they are, the workers may not be aware of them or may not understand them. Thus, it appears to me that the data is showing that most M&A transactions fail to meet their initial financial goals geometry dash world, which has a negative short-term impact on shareholders.

Yvonne
    Participant

The level of integration depends on the type of investor in the process. If the transaction involves private equity where the end game is a 3 to 5 year exist vs. strategic buyers who truly need to integratate the target into organization, the process and depth is very different.

clamb
    Participant

I appreciate your informing me about this article, as I find it to be quite remarkable. That is precisely what I had hoped to find, and I earnestly request that you maintain the provision of such remarkable material in the years to come. five nights at freddy’s

Andi Bledsoe
    Participant

I would agree with Michale and Jarrod about creating well defined goals as well as establishing an operating model for every function within the business. Understanding exactly who does what and where the target company fits within the acquired company’s structure is critical – especially when a larger, well-established company is acquiring a target that is more entrepreneurial and fast-paced.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

Book a Demo

Book a Demo

Request a Brochure

Request a Brochure

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

In order to become a charterholder you need to complete one of the IMAA programs