Integration – being an employee and being the IMO Lead

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ian Smith
    Participant

When completing my assignments for functional integration I reflected on how an integration has gone for me as an employee and as the IMO Lead. As the Employee there is so much you do not see when going through an integration – you don’t see HR and Finance team merge and create one combined structure – only when someone leaves and you wonder why.
    Being an IMO Lead can be tough as you see more of what needs to be done, do more than what your peers perceive to be required who are not involved in the project and most difficult is not being able to talk about it!.

Has any else had these experiences they would like to share – how you felt as an employee not a part of the IMO/Deal Team compared to leading a merger yourself?

Let me share my own experience. I am not an IMO Lead. But the counter part of IMO lead and supporting in the merging activities. I am from acquired company side. While it all looks good to create new structures, new roles and everything. But employees for whom department these things are going to be worked out, those people are so tenses and stressful about this situation all the time. from outside it looks like, its all okay but when you step into their shoes then the real challenges which they are facing become clear.

donnahardings
    Participant

Our new ai service offer 100% original articles because we understand what it means to spread plagiarism. Our goal is to help you lead an easy college life. I will not be punished for providing plagiarism. We have advanced plagiarism checking tools to make sure your purchase essay is not plagiarized.

henect
    Participant

As an employee, going through an integration process can often feel like there are many unseen aspects. You may not be aware of how the HR and Finance teams merge and create a combined structure until someone leaves, which can leave you wondering about the reasons behind it. It can be a different experience when you’re not directly involved in the project.

On the other hand, being an IMO (Integration Management bloxd io Office) Lead can come with its own challenges. You have a broader perspective and see more of what needs to be done during the integration. You may find yourself doing more than what your peers perceive to be required because they are not as involved in the project. Additionally, one of the most difficult aspects can be the inability to openly discuss the details of the integration due to confidentiality.

If anyone else has had similar experiences, it would be valuable to hear their perspectives. How did they feel as an employee not directly involved in the IMO or deal team, compared to leading a merger themselves? Sharing these experiences can provide insights into the different roles and perspectives within integration processes.

Pedro Garibi
    Participant

Hullo Ian,

I have a different experience. I have been in several transactions the head of the valuation team and the head of the due diligence team but I have never been involved in execution or integration.

I have found that some of these mergers failed because the integration failed to executed the strategic plans that were defined to justify the acqusition and the valuation.

I found it difficult to be an employee of the acquirer, be part of the M&A team and DD team and not participate in the integration and see how the transactions fails and several years later is sold to a thrid party.

Best regards
    Pedro

Brant Miller
    Participant

Ian, I think this is likely a typical situation. Good integration leaders will develop communication strategies with comms designed to inform everyone that is affected, and provide them what they need to know. This means multiple audiences depending on multiple factors. Major milestones are communicated from top leaders and should cascade across the organization. Detailed functional process change comms may only hit select groups. Goal should be to keep everyone properly informed without hitting everyone with irrelevant messaging. You need a comms stream exclusively focused on this effort so everyone feels properly informed and included.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

Book a Demo

Book a Demo

Request a Brochure

Request a Brochure

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

In order to become a charterholder you need to complete one of the IMAA programs