If Integration Management is a profession why is the selection process political

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ashley Sekeres 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Cheryl Taylor
    Participant

Integration is fundamentally project management on steroids yet many integration leaders have no project management experience discuss why politics often determines who will lead the integration process.

Renata Porto
    Participant

I have just recently provided feedback on this to a senior leader in my company. In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with leveraging internal resources to drive integration efforts, but these resources need to work under the overall guidance of M&A experts, which often does not happen. You are right however, that the selection process is political. Corporations are highly political organizations, and unless the leadership embodies a mentality of operational efficiency, I don’t see how this would change. Hence why my solution is to simply provide the “selected ones” with the expertise necessary to drive proper execution.

Ashley Sekeres
    Participant

Hello, this is a good question that there is probably not one answer for, unfortunately it must have an impact on the success and failure of acquisitions.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Loading.. Please wait