How often are the Corp Dev / Internal M&A staff of the acquiree retained?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Clark Murphy 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Eric Hubacheck
    Participant

Unless the parties in a M&A transaction are from completely different industries/regions, what is the likelihood that the acquirer opts to retain the corp dev team of the acquiree? It seems to me that this team would be the first on the chopping block for multiple reasons, with the least amount of incentive to retain. Thoughts?

Clark Murphy
    Participant

I would agree with you Eric. I do have first hand experience on this. I was on the end of being the acquirer though. I would say it involves on 3 factors. 1) How much development/growth the company plans on doing after the acquisition. 2) How much experience they have in the industry. Sometimes its easier to keep them if they have experience Because they know the ends and outs of the industry. Plus you might not want them to go to a competition And 3) then the last one is the most obvious one… Salaries and pay. That being said, in most cases, they are not going to keep the whole team. They might keep 1 or 2 teammates.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Loading.. Please wait