How Essential is to have an Integration Management Office for M&A

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lina Lorenzo 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Lina Lorenzo
    Participant

For companies who are or aspire to be “serial acquirers”, how important is to have a dedicated team in the form of an Integration Management Office, and why? What is the difference between a company that uses an IMO team versus one that uses a team of current executives or senior leaders?

Ingrid Holbik
    Participant

That is a very interesting question and one reason why I believe many M&A fail; the integration simply isn’t there and it isn’t there because the right resources are not put in place. Resources can refer to time / money / people etc. I do believe many executives try and fit this in but given their already busy schedules, not sure how you can “fit in” integration.

Lina Lorenzo
    Participant

Thanks Ingrid. I agree, I am just wondering how many companies and what sizes are employing the strategy of dedicated resources like an IMO team. There is some literature recommending it, but I am wondering how many actually follow this advice

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Loading.. Please wait