how do you solve "not invented here" mentalities?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Hubsmith
    Participant

The cultural clash I fear the most in an M&A integration is the resistance of key personnel and the rank and file to the “not invented here syndrome”. What is the best way to overcome this issue early in the integration process?

Manuela van Ulzen
    Participant

From my point of view there are a few think you should look at, to avoid such a situation
    – Plan your integration well and look for cultural challenges already in the due diligence phase.
    – Have “mixed project teams
    – Work together from day – look for the good things of both companies and build the future together. Like this people will feel that they are heard and
    not run down. They can also be involved in preparing communication content
    – Open, honest and regular communication about what will happen, status and success to avoid rumors and reduce stress levels of the employees

Mirinda Lowe
    Participant

One strategy I’ve used that’s proved successful is facilitated planning sessions with members from both of the 2 parties of the integration. Allow the group to establish the goals (where possible, or work with key goals as a starting point), and then to work together to lay out a 1 year roadmap to achieve those goals. This allows you to create a realistic plan with the best input possible, that’s bought into by the team members you need to see it come to fruition. A team that participates in the plan will drive harder to achieve that plan, and also be ambassadors throughout the organization for others to support the plans.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

In order to become a charterholder you need to complete one of the IMAA programs