Hostile takeover decrease over the decades

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jerome Baumgartner
    Participant

I was quite surprised to discover this decrease since the nineties and was wondering about the reasons:

1) Is it because being acquired is now seen a financial success for a lot of technological companies ?
    2) Is it because the ownership structure profile changed over the years with consequently BoD being more open to this kind of situation ?

Any other explanations ?

Jerome

Hanen Dada
    Participant

Few other reasons could be, the challenges during the integration process when its a hostile takeover, and the industries move toward consolidations especially as a result of the pandemic.

Meshal Alshammari
    Participant

I was wondering the same thing, I believe that this is due to the nature of the deal and the resistance and clash that takes place. nowadays, companies focus more and more on cultural fitness due to its critical role in the success of the post-merger integration. with hostile takeovers, having such synergy is rare especially that one of the companies forced into the merger.

Ahmed Zainalabedin
    Participant

I believe hostile takeovers were common years ago as companies were trying to acquire other companies for a quick profit. Currently, companies are thinking more strategically and with more due diligence, probability of success could be more challenging after a hostile takeover.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

Book a Demo

Book a Demo

Request a Brochure

Request a Brochure

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

In order to become a charterholder you need to complete one of the IMAA programs