Finding information

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mohammad Manzouri
    Participant

Finding any information on M&A deals has proven to be difficult. Whilst there are some websites I have come across that appear to provide limited information for a fee or subscription, I was unable to find any useful termsheets, timelines, legal records etc for any M&A deal. This is not only helpful for assignments, but very useful for learning strategies and lessons learned from previous deals. Does anyone know where we can find such information?

Liwei Wang
    Participant

It is normally difficult to find out the information expect public case studies because M&A is always highly confidential. I would suggest you try to get those information from the paid websites. Also would like to recommend a book “Mergers and Acquisitions for Dummies” – which included the standard templates. I found it was very helpful for me when I first touched M&A.

Mohammad Manzouri
    Participant

Thanks for the tip Liwei. I agree with you that the paid websites are possibly the best way to go. I will take a look into that book you recommended. Cheers

Greg Jessup
    Participant

I agree. It is very hard to find information on it. I read the M&A book for Dummies as well. Was helpful. I was tasked with putting together a playbook and I found it very difficult to find references on how to produce one. Alot of trial and error. The Kellogg school of business at Northwestern has week long executive program. Heard that is good.

Marina Barbir
    Participant

I use MergerMarket which is quite helpful although the financial data requires some more digging (either through the internet or via connections to sell-side advisors). I have started building my own data base for transactions based on that info.

Camille Louhichi
    Participant

Company’s house for the uk is very efficient in giving you quite a lot of information, the website sometimes if acquiring a subsidiary it is hard to find the info but if you go to the parent company then they can share more financial information such as balance sheets etc.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

Book a Demo

Book a Demo

Request a Brochure

Request a Brochure

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

In order to become a charterholder you need to complete one of the IMAA programs