Expected Merger Activity: 2021 / 2022

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Craig Hasler
    Participant

https://www.computerworld.com/article/3605102/noteworthy-technology-acquisitions-2021.html

Interesting article above that discusses key technology acquisitions from 2020/2021. Overall, it was noted that total tech merger and acquisition deals totaled $634B in 2020 which was an increase of 91.8% from the previous year. Based on published transactions and conversations with those in the global investment banking field, it seems 2021 has been very active so far and there are no signs of slow down… do we think this pace will continue in 2022?

Manuela van Ulzen
    Participant

Personally I think that the pace will continue in 2022.
    Working in the cosmetic industry,mergers have always been a topic and it was still growing over the last few years.
    In Beauty, there are a lot of start-ups, founded e.g. by successful influencers or covering a niche (vegan, sustainability, doctors’ brand) which, after they have reached a certain turnover, become very interesting for the big players. With a merger/ take over they immediately can enter in that market segment without creating a new brand with new products.
    And the trend for luxury cosmetic is clearly to have a purpose and values and cater to all customer types.

Sam Chee
    Participant

Yes, I also believe that as we slowly emerge from the pandemic, companies may be more confident in expanding and acquiring competitors for growth, especially those with battered share prices and financials due to the pandemic (cheap/good value deals).

I think so. A number of projects were put on hold, due to pandemics, 2021 has allowed to start some of them, but not all of them.
    I believe that the pandemics has cancelled some M&A projects that were on the original list because they were impacted negatively, others are now popping up.

Wail Selfo
    Participant

Working in the O&G industry, the price of oil is on the rise, which i believe is on the macroeconomic precursors to M&A activity. In 2020 there was a sharp drop in M&A activity in this sector in both value and number compared to the previous decade. I would expect M&A activity to start picking up.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

Book a Demo

Book a Demo

Request a Brochure

Request a Brochure

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

In order to become a charterholder you need to complete one of the IMAA programs