Dynamic project management tools for integration planning

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Joaquin Blanco Diez
    Participant

Any experiences in the use of dynamic PM tools (Jira, LiquidPlanner, etc…) during PMI? What are the main advantages compared to traditional methods (MS Project, Excel, ..)?

Greg Jessup
    Participant

I do not have a PM background, but I am quickly learning. I have been working with SmartSheet and I love it. I can produce Gant charts, store attachments, communicate, assign dependent actions, and do so much more with it. I am just scratching the surface. Big plus was that I have fellow employees also using it and they have been able to support me as I learn.

Hanen Dada
    Participant

I have used MS project and it is useful and most people understand it. I have not used any of the other tools you mentioned. will be very interested to hear from others who used them

Manuela van Ulzen
    Participant

Doing a lot of project management I am working with an online tool called WRIKE.
    It is easy to use and easy to implement.
    It offers different views of a project (Gant chart, table, board or just a list of tasks.) when you assign a person to a task it goes into the to.do list of this person. As a project manager you can create dashboards which show you the status of the project, overdue tasks, etc. And you can also create reports and share it with people who do not have access to the tool. It is really great.

Matthew Brown
    Participant

We’ve had good success with Smartsheets as it also has dashboarding capabilities which are pretty strong. I meshes the best of Excel and MS Project for us.

Evgeny Gorbunov
    Participant

Not really, mostly used MS Project.

Meg Ver
    Participant

We use Smartsheet for PM related activities. Have heard all good things about about Smartsheet Accelerator and its workflows. We also use other tools like google spreadsheets, quip docs and Lucid Chart to provide coverage for M&A related activities .

Millie Manning
    Participant

We are in the process of moving our integration project management from Trello to Smartsheets. Smartsheets allows the same card view as Trello while offering more comprehensive planning features, such as Gantt Charts, data tagging and filtering, etc. Overall the response from the team has been overwhelmingly positive!

Justine Vincente
    Participant

I’m following this post as I’d love to learn more about it. We still predominantly use Excel to track PM.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

Book a Demo

Book a Demo

Request a Brochure

Request a Brochure

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

In order to become a charterholder you need to complete one of the IMAA programs