Dimensions of cultural integration in M&A

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Nora Sophia Martin
    Participant

The importance, but also challenges of cultural integration in M&As have been discussed in the forum many times. I’m now looking for practial advice which cultural dimension could be assessed, e.g. for the Cultural Due Diligence. I would like to encourage you to share your ideas and experiences, I’m sharing below some examples for potential dimensions that I’m aware of:

– Communication types incl. channels, frequency
    – Organization structure/ Reporting lines
    – Ceremonies and events
    – Leadership role and style
    – Autonomy Decision-making
    – Goals and measures
    – Rewards and recognition
    – Performance orientation
    – Official corporate values and principles
    – Risk taking behavior
    – Physical environment
    – Operating model
    – Processes and Systems

S Sarala Maharaj
    Participant

I agree that cultural DD is important. In an earlier post I suggested that even before executing a contract a seller / buyer should spend some time understanding each other’s approach as it could save considerable time in negotiation tactics/ big ticket items for the parties if there is an early understanding of intent. I agree that key are leadership styles/ level of autonomy, most recently policies around WFH, systems of promotion and risk appetite of an organization. Management Meetings during DD would be a good avenue to start to understand this culture.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

Book a Demo

Book a Demo

Request a Brochure

Request a Brochure

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

In order to become a charterholder you need to complete one of the IMAA programs