Day 1 Integration

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rochelle Ramos
    Participant

A few years back I worked for a company that was acquiring a small “family” company of about 17 employees. We were a start up from a more metropolitan area and the company we purchased was in a smaller rural area. I remember walking in with our CEO and CFO both in expensive suits and noticing the office was more laid back in their appearance, casual clothing and modest decor. I recall their reactions being slightly negative as we were “big corporate” here to change their world. Having done this again, I would have added to our checklist to have an understanding of the office culture to determine if a more business casual approach with a simple collared shirt and pants would have been better.

What other “lessons learned” have others gathered over the years that aren’t necessarily something you would think of adding to a Day 1 Integration strategy?

MilioGrett
    Participant

Hello. It’s all about perspective, isn’t it? Entering this office, it was as if I had entered a completely different universe. Understanding the existing culture of the office environment is paramount to a smooth integration process. Reflecting on this experience, it becomes clear that we need to find common interests that do not lead to disagreements. Take for example our recent project where we used iron on paper to create custom team t-shirts that reflected both our brand identity and the culture of the acquired company. The process of collaborating on the design and seeing everyone proudly wear the shirts created a sense of unity and acceptance. This is proof that with a little creativity and empathy, we can bring cultures together in a positive way.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

Book a Demo

Book a Demo

Request a Brochure

Request a Brochure

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

In order to become a charterholder you need to complete one of the IMAA programs