Damage caused by post deal vaccuum

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kim Morrison
    Participant

I once worked for an organization that felt it was OK to not say anything to the acquired organization for one month after the deal was announced. When asked why these leaders thought this was a good idea- they said it was because they wanted to business to run as is. All my research and experience pointed out that going in with integration planned as it relates to people and organization is the best way to proceed. It takes the worry out of the people and allows them to do their job. They did not agree. Have any of you encountered this and how did you deal with it?

Greg Jessup
    Participant

I think they are making a big mistake. In most industries there are very few secrets. Those employees know something is going on. Their mind is going to travel to a far worse place than the reality more than likely. If the newco knows that you are looking out for them and holding their hand through the transition that is a much better place to be. I agree with you.

Megumi Hida
    Participant

Actually, I have seen many cases like this. The truth is that the buyers rarely implements detailed integration plan or synergy creation initiatives at regional/ local country level while they came up with high level integration strategy at global level. Hence these companies leave the acquired organization as standalone until clear instruction is made from their HQ. This is wasted opportunity as they are losing momentum of the acquisition and wasting time to realize the value from the acquisition.

Michael Fortunato
    Participant

I can echo the opinions here. I have interviewing for PMI jobs and most of the positions sound as if they are entering as an afterthought. One recruiter told me that the integration had been going on in IT for over a year and they were just now getting around to looking a change management leader…ugh.

Nicoletta
    Participant

I think avoiding communication does not make sense… people find out anyway.
    I have never experienced that, however, I have often witnessed acquisition with lack of integration plan and total neglection of the executive team after day 1. I believe this is one of the reason why the majority of acquisition fails to deliver the expected benefits.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

Book a Demo

Book a Demo

Request a Brochure

Request a Brochure

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

In order to become a charterholder you need to complete one of the IMAA programs