Contractual Protection Post DD Findings

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #57644
    Gordon Foo
    Participant

    Following the Due Diligence findings on a transaction (assuming on the buyside), the next step would typically be making adjustments to the valuation or including contractual protection in the transaction documentation. Would anyone have a good checklist / guide on how to translate such due diligence / red flags into actual contractual provisions or adjustments in value?

    #59483
    Scott Love
    Participant

    I think course of action depends a lot on materiality. If there is significant risk we would likely hold back an indemnity escrow so we are covered if there is a future adverse finding. If it is a minor red flag and worst case would be low dollars we would likely let it slide. Regarding setting a level of escrow, for example, if we were concerned about potential litigation we would consult legal counsel to get a range for the downside risk and set the escrow amount at the high end of that range. Depending on the issue found, it could be possible to make resolution a closing condition and then it would be settled prior to close.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

Request a Brochure

Request a Brochure

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

Book a Demo

Book a Demo

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!