Consultants in the due diligence phase

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kara 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Mohamed Emara
    Participant

Usually targeting companies are hiring consultants for the due diligence process and sometimes the targeted company is also hiring a consultant to ensure that the deal is the best for its shareholders’ interest. However, I believe that an internal experienced team is essential for efficient and effective due diligence.

Fathurrahman Latama
    Participant

It depends on the capabilities of the internal team. For instance, if however, the acquisition takes place in the industry or market outside of the acquirer expertise, then consultants may be needed.

Kara
    Participant

Hi Mohamed,

I would agree with Fathurrahman’s comment on the capabilities of the internal team. For a recent M&A I was involved with, there was some information we were not allowed to view until after the contract was signed, so a 3rd party was hired for both sides that acted more like a clearing house to ensure that it was still a good deal to move forward with. Once the contract was signed, we unfortunately were denied access to that for our internal DD, and had to re-ask our partners in the other organization for what was provided. There is definitely room for efficiencies, but I also understand why a 3rd party was needed in this scenario.

Kara

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Loading.. Please wait