Choosing Which Type of Due Diligence to Conduct

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

When deciding which type of due diligence to perform in a particular situation, what are some of the factors that should be taken into account? How can you determine whether a full-scope or targeted due diligence is appropriate for a given transaction or scenario, and what are the pros and cons of each approach?

Mia Taney
    Participant

I think it largely depends on the type/nature/scope of the transaction. For an asset acquisition, for instance, you are not taking on any liabilities of the company. Your DD would likely be scoped to focus on assessing the assets themselves. If you are doing a full acquisition and taking on all risk/liabilities of the company, then I definitely think a full DD process is required.

Carmen Sanchez
    Participant

I would say it depends on what resources are available to complete a full detailed due diligence. If you can afford the risk on the other side of the deal, then it may not make a difference if you are spending money on advisors to identify how thorough the due diligence needs to be. One item that I would recommend is to spend some time on researching the culture of both companies and if it will lead to a successful merger. Is the “new” CEO going to support the culture and drive that change? Based on our material, I think understanding culture is just as important as the accounting and asset management. Pros of targeted Due Diligence is less cost. Cons would be more risk of what you don’t know what to expect. Not doing a thorough investigation could end up in a negative impact.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

Book a Demo

Book a Demo

Request a Brochure

Request a Brochure

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

In order to become a charterholder you need to complete one of the IMAA programs