Choosing The Right M&A Advisor

This topic contains 9 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by   7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Christoffer Balieu
    Participant

What key aspects do you think a business owner should consider in order to employ the most suitable M&A advisor to sell his business?

Poon Henry
    Participant

It depends on the size of the deal. Big four accounting firm and Ibank shall be among your top list of consideration when choosing M&A advisor.

Jass Lim
    Participant

An advisor that personally wants both companies to benefit post merger, rather than to get paid.

Terry Koh
    Participant

While track record and experience is a big considering factor, the chemistry and relationship between the client and the advisory firm is most important.

Henrik Jernstrom
    Participant

I find that industry expertise is critical (if they have only sold listed mature industrials, it is less chance they will be good at selling a young private high growth software company).

Mohd Hafizuddin
    Participant

I would say an unbiased and transparent M&A advisor.

Participant

In my mind, it will depend on the industry, deal size, scope, and type of merger, whether it is a cross-cultural merger happening between international entities etc. On top of that, the credibility and experience of the advisor having done those types of deals is important.

though brand name/big 4 firms will be the go to characteristics of each the advisor is important like being thorough, unbiased, familiar with specific industry

Mengxi Li
    Participant

For the buy side, the fee structure is also quite important for getting advisor engaged and stay objective.

Participant

I would go with a small boutique style advisor that has industry experience. Experience is obviously important. But going with a small group is also important because you will be a big fish in a small pond. The downside of this is that the advisor is smaller and has fewer reproduces.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Loading.. Please wait