aspects of the Due Diligence

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mohanad Alzughaibi
    Participant

Which aspect of due diligence you think is the most important and why?

Sultan Fatani
    Participant

It is imperative to indicated at the inception of the transaction what is the main objective, hence you may elect to conduct only Commercial, Legal & Tax DD. While on other instances, the entire list of DDs may deem to be crucial to ensure all risks are being considered in your valuation.

Saif Alnaimi
    Participant

i think the financial dd it helps investors and companies understand the nature of a deal

Abdullah Aziz
    Participant

I see it depends on the nature of the transaction and the target. But, I would say financial and legal due diligence are the most important aspects as they are directly linked to the buyer’s liabilities and protections.

We understand how essential each aspect of the Due Diligence. But I think the Financial Due Diligence is the most element for few reasons. You do not enter into a transaction with a company is full of debt and cannot meet its obligation while you end up repaying their exist debt. As highlighted in this course, the Financial Statements can misrepresent major milestones that could affect the transaction

Ali Alsudairi
    Participant

Its a full package, where you need to look at Commercial, technical, HR, etc. to make sure that you are aware of all potential risks of the business you are acquiring. This similar to our human system where for nutrition we need carbs, protein and fat to function well.

Michelle Diago
    Participant

Financial tends to be the most important to check off first, but the most challenging has to be people and culture. People and culture is the underlying due diligence you are doing while you are having the challenging conversations regarding organizational charts, compensation, values, and standards. If the numbers look good, but the people and culture aren’t working well, it’s a huge waste of time and money for everyone.

Scott Love
    Participant

I think all components are important and taken as a whole provide visibility into what you are actually acquiring and what the future may hold. My initial thought on most important if forced to single out one workstream would be the financial. And within financial I think the quality of earnings study is critical. No information will be perfect but the QoE, and follow up questions, will help to better understand the financials in more detail so a buyer can walk into the transaction with eyes open.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

Book a Demo

Book a Demo

Request a Brochure

Request a Brochure

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

In order to become a charterholder you need to complete one of the IMAA programs