2021 Transformative M&A Deals

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Charles Ladas 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Ali Zahrani
    Participant

in this post, I thought of sharing some of this year’s largest ongoing M&A deals that are expected to have a transformative impact on the market. certainly covid 19 had an unforgettable impact of the M&A deal causing a decline in the total number of deals during the years 2020 and 2019. however, according to Morgan Stanely M&A activities are expected to gain momentum again with the impact of the pandemic slowly fading away and the businesses feel more confident about the future. This is in addition to overvalued stock in some markets which will be used primarily for acquisitions. Below is a list of these highly regarded deals and their potential size( sources: Kiplinger):
    1. Canadian Pacific Railway-Target :Kansas City Southern:$25 Bn.
    2. Salesforce.com- Target: Slack Technologies : $27Bn.
    3. Microsoft:Target:ZeniMax Media: $7.5 Bn.

if you are interested more deals are listed in the linke below.
    https://www.kiplinger.com/investing/602785/mergers-and-acquisition-ma-deals-care-about

Ahmed Zainalabedin
    Participant

Thanks for sharing. According to Refinitiv data as published by Reuters, the total value of deals in 2021 has reached $3.6 trillion which is higher than 2020.

Participant

All fascinating deals! The one that most caught my eye this year is AT&T’s $43 billion dollar spin off of Warner Media to Discovery. Truly shakes up the media landscape and makes Discovery, who I’m a big fan of, a streaming player in the market with Netflix, Disney, Amazon, etc.

Charles Ladas
    Participant

This is an intriguing post. It’ll be interesting to see how much M&A activity actually occurs as Covid slowly loses steam.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Loading.. Please wait