Why did you choose PMI for your further training?

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Matthias Lipp
    Participant

Personally, I am trying to expand my business development skills with this “supreme discipline”. We have already done some M&As, but in this course I learned a lot about defensive measures and better functional integration. With the course and the certificate I want to professionalize and document our M&A practice.

Sp why did you chose this PMI certification course?

Kind regards, Matthias

Hedwig Duronic
    Participant

I was assigned to manage/lead integration activities at out corporation – that´s the reason why I choose the PMI certification course (initial skill adaption training)

Teresa Drew
    Participant

Being an experienced consultant and having worked with several engineering firms, I saw a gap in understanding how acquisitions should be integrated. There seemed to be a set of ‘standard mistakes’ that medium sized firms make as they learn M&A/re-invent the wheel. I decided to take this to try to identify the next mistakes BEFORE we make them and get better at retaining value.

Tack Kitanaka
    Participant

Because in my current role I see both successful acquisition and those that fails and always feel that there is simply a lesser attention given for post-acquisition activities, as compared to the amount of resources and thoughts put in the deal pre-closing (which frankly is the fancy part). There are tons of courses on M&A but not many focus on post merger aspect; but often times I feel that whether the acquired company is able to deliver the value thought out pre-closing really depends on how the PMI activities are planned, communicated, and navigated amongst various unexpected issues arising and various assumptions changing with the passing of time. This is why I now want to focus my learnings officially on PMI part of the M&A lifecycle.

Oana
    Participant

PMI knowledge and experience is missing in my group, it helps me further develop and grow in my current role.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

In order to become a charterholder you need to complete one of the IMAA programs