What recent M&As do you consider relevant

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Alina
    Participant

Having myself worked only on two M&A cases in my career that were mostly private, I struggled a bit to choose a case to analyze for Essentials of Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Section 4: The M&A Process timeline. I ended up reviewing the acquisition of Slack by Salesforce, as I found it more relevant and having more information publicly available. Also, it was more recent than the case studies and materials presented. What M&A did you choose and why? Why did you find it relevant? The objective of the question is to also research these cases and hopefully learn from my most probably more experienced colleagues.

The acquisition of WhatsApp by Facebook in 2014 is a good example of M&A because it offered strategic fit, synergies, expanded market reach, talent acquisition, and a competitive advantage to Facebook. It aligned with Facebook’s goals, brought a massive user base, enhanced messaging services, and solidified its position in the mobile messaging market.

William Bouwman
    Participant

DPD UK’s acquisition of CitySprint. You can easily find the government fillings with the key mile stones but the news coverage was limited because it is a relatively small acquisition

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

Book a Demo

Book a Demo

Request a Brochure

Request a Brochure

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

In order to become a charterholder you need to complete one of the IMAA programs