Should there be a dedicated Change Manager on an M&A team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nahida
    Participant

In my experience there is never a dedicated change manager on an M&A team. Should that shift and have it mandatory.

Nora Sophia Martin
    Participant

I was a dedicated Change Manager on a M&A Team. I was first only responsible for HR, but I made it clear to the steering commitee that somebody needs to take care of the change management and commmunication to be successfull. We were really successfull with our approach, so I think, it should shift and be mandatory. I would even say change management shouldn’t be only a stream in the PMI, it should be part of the project management, the overall approach.

Edel Tungehaug
    Participant

Hi there! I just want to understand your question better. When you say M&A team, do you mean the team in charge of the transaction, or do you think of the PMI team in charge of the integration. Sometimes this is the same team, or at least some of the people involved in the transaction is also part of the PMI team. I think for the M&A process, the transaction, there should be a workstream focusing on HR/change/culture. They will look at how the target will fit with us and what we can do to enable a better overall integration/merger. The PMI team might also have someone that focus on change, and this might be in addition to HR. HR workstream might be focused more specifically on HR related matters, while the change workstream cuts across all workstreams and focus on how the change impact all parts of the business.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

Book a Demo

Book a Demo

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

Request a Brochure

Request a Brochure

In order to become a charterholder you need to complete one of the IMAA programs