M&A Consultant

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Wanda
    Participant

When are you using consultants to help with M&As?

Mike
    Participant

I think consultants have a role in a many areas in M&A. Specifically in the DD, I’ve seen (and support) consultants being retained to handle valuations (or at least sense check them) working with company teams. I think they can be critical to this and other areas of DD – mostly because they can (should) provide a third party independent assessment to ensure the in house team isn’t overvaluing or making overly positive assumptions because they want the deal to go through.

I’ve also seen them used for integrations but I think this can have more pitfalls. The idea is always that they work with a in-house employees to deliver, but generally, I’ve seen this go bad two ways – one, the inhouse team ends up doing everything themselves as the consultants aren’t adding value and then they are just an expensive roadblock and two, the consultant ends up doing everything because the in-house team is busy with day to day operations but then post integration they do not understand what was done and why decisions were made. Consultants can be very valueable in these but only if used correctly (much like everything else I guess)

Wanda
    Participant

Thank you, Mike. This information is beneficial and insightful.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

Book a Demo

Book a Demo

Request a Brochure

Request a Brochure

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

In order to become a charterholder you need to complete one of the IMAA programs