Internal Merger

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lim Cheng Pier
    Participant

With the current economic conditions, some global companies are conducting their internal merger to improve market competitiveness ie. bringing 2 independent businesses together. Should the due diligence be similar to that in a regular M&A ? What are the measures of success ?

Rachel
    Participant

That is a great question!!

Actually my previous workplace is consolidating businesses as we speak. I am certain that the only work going into it is cost reduction/headcount reduction and burying poor financials of one business into a consolidated statement where it cannot be seen. If you never have the same baseline then how can shareholders see the poor performing businesses right?

The real question here could be: if the intent of the merger is to bury skeletons, even if due diligence should happen (likely it does) would it ever happen??

Beau White
    Participant

My my company, we continue to take our time when it comes to integrating businesses. When it comes to trading terms or even financial shape these businesses can be quite different from the larger organization. Bringing in some rigor to processes is a solid first step before full integration.

Yeonlin Leonard Lee
    Participant

I echo Rachel’s point which is exactly the case in my previous company especially the “burying poor financials of one business into a consolidated statement where it cannot be seen” lol. I think we can only learn from these cases and stop them when we are at the position to decide such mergers go or no go.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

Book a Demo

Book a Demo

Request a Brochure

Request a Brochure

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

In order to become a charterholder you need to complete one of the IMAA programs