I’m thinking about synergies identified in the DD process and am curious for those of you who are in the staffing or services industries, what synergies are you thinking about? Here’s my high-level list:
– Non-organic Net Rev Growth
– Growth of Target Markets or industries
– Growth of Customer Base and Net Revenue
– Cost reductions due to operational efficiencies and consolidated resources (head-count, office space, SaaS/IT and other expenses)
Ideally you can synergies into 3 broad buckets:
(1) Revenue Synergies: comes from cross-selling,
(2) Cost Synergies: You have fairly covered this well. It’s hard synergies I.e. reducing duplicated functions, procurement synergies, etc.
(3) Financial Synergies: They could be tax synergies (profit making company buying loss making company, thereby reducing taxes), capex synergies, lower cost of debt for smaller company, etc.