HR Challenges during Merger or Acquisition (M&A)

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Majed Faraj
    Participant

‘@[email protected] you are right. Specially during the integration process. The management should open the communication channel with the employees and keep them updated.

It is really challenge. Thank you

Michel Kropf
    Participant

In term of HR challenges during an M&A, I think that employee retention in the new structure is one. Another one is standardization of HR policies between the two sides and last but not least is the capacity of employees to adapt to a new corporate culture (or we could also think about the buyer making a move in embracing some of the culture of the company it merges with).

Boon Hon Low
    Participant

I believe the greatest challenge is to align staff’s expectation with a view that any discrimination, including perceived discrimination, is kept to minimal as negative feelings may start small but may have a large impact as that spread from one to another.

Greg Jessup
    Participant

The state legalization of marijuana in the United States has posed an issue for us. Our formal policy is no tolerance for a positive marijuana test. Usage has become commonplace and acceptable in our society. This can cause fear and concern as we onboard the new employees.

Hanen Dada
    Participant

Another challenge that HR can face is delays in the over all strategy and business plans. This can affect the HR in terms of retaining employees, morale and selecting the right person for the job.

Matthew Brown
    Participant

I think HR faces the most challenges. People are the #1 asset. If the people part and impacts are not smooth, everything else is impacted. Culture, retention, health benefits, insurance, 401k, etc. Each has its own nuances and expectations that need alignment. I would bucket change management in here as well as that is critical to the HR function’s success.

Evgeny Gorbunov
    Participant

I believe the ability to retain the employees and assessing the skills set.

Meg Ver
    Participant

Adjusting to acquired company culture and values, adapting to new work environment and regulations, talent retention, lack of communication and maintaining employment benefit/compensation are among the few challenges related to HR during M&A.

KriLi
    Participant

Scalability issues with an organization’s IT workforce are common. To accommodate growth, in-house hiring may necessitate large investments in management, infrastructure, and training. Because the service provider manages infrastructure and resource allocation in accordance with the project’s changing requirements, organizations that use outsourcing can effectively increase their IT capabilities without incurring significant upfront expenses. Read blog here to get more!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

Book a Demo

Book a Demo

Request a Brochure

Request a Brochure

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

In order to become a charterholder you need to complete one of the IMAA programs