How will Omicron Impact M&A?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ali Alsudairi
    Participant

From your perspective, how will Omicron Impact M&A?

Osamah Bukhari
    Participant

In my opinion the impact is currently limited, with businesses cautiously monitoring the developments.

Peggie Chan
    Participant

Our biggest challenge is the negative impact on travel. Normally we spend a great deal of time in person with the acquired firm team members and our Workstreams. It’s critical to build strong relationships based on trust as early as possible. We’ve all seen how much can be accomplished virtually throughout the entire COVID situation, but Omicron is adding additional stress to an already stressful situation for an acquired firm. Cheers

Ahmed Alhumaid
    Participant

I think that COVID have made things hard to particular business sectors, but in terms of how it impacted M&A I think that it made it harder for investors to evaluate companies.

Karine Blais
    Participant

Hi,

Here is an interesting article related to COVID-19: https://www.bcg.com/publications/2020/covid-impact-global-mergers-and-acquisitions

Greg Jessup
    Participant

I agree with the travel impact. Personal interaction is critical to forming relationships and trust through the integration process. HR onboarding, leadership meetings, and IT trainings done remotely do not have the same impact when done in person. Its a disadvantage for sure.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

Request a Brochure

Request a Brochure

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

Book a Demo

Book a Demo