Do you prefer Remote DD’s over onsite DD’s

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Martin Tse
    Participant

Do you prefer one over the other? Remote Due Diligence or an On-site Due Diligence…

LuciaP
    Participant

Hello Martin,

I think it is not a question of preference but rather what is more sensible given the scenario at hand. If both companies are located in different continents, then you would very unlikely conduct an onsite DD. Moreover, I think the remote DD work very well, using the data room for exchanging the information – you can communicate with the targeted company very efficiently from my personal experience.

Brandon Lau
    Participant

Either one can get the job done, but I prefer the onsite DD. It will give me an opportunity to work close with my potential future colleagues and understand their work culture.

RongFang LYE
    Participant

Preliminary work can be done remotely, but nothing beats going into the ground directly.

Paolo C
    Participant

Both are important. Nowaday data rooms are digital and all documents are accessible digitally. Neverthless management interviews, site visits, customer interviews cannot always be done virtually. During COVID, remote DD’s were the only solution. We were ready to make an offer but we waited till we could visit in person the owners and the facilities. Better safe than sorry.

Kester Low
    Participant

Both are important, but it depends on circumstances and the nature of the businesses. If it is an online business without any/much physical presence/footprint, it will mean that the online data rooms and DD would likely be more significant. Remote DD would also aid, especially for cross-country transactions and multinational companies.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

Book a Demo

Book a Demo

Request a Brochure

Request a Brochure

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

In order to become a charterholder you need to complete one of the IMAA programs