Commercial DD – Target Company Value Proposition

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rachel
    Participant

As someone who has experienced first hand a “failed” acquisition, there seems to be a gap in commercial DD where we really look at the target company’s value proposition. While there is no template for this, I think there is significant value in mapping the value proposition of the target company’s product portfolio in key markets, analysing how sustainable it is given industry changes and crucially, what it would look like after the integration into the buying company. What are your thoughts on this?

Mia Taney
    Participant

I would be interested to learn more about your firsthand experience with a “failed” acquisition. Was it related to a gap in commercial DD (i.e. the gap you described in your post)? That said, I agree that there is value in mapping this out, although I think that this is already a core part of commercial DD (or at least thorough commercial DD would give you the inputs to map out the target company’s value prop).

Andrea Chiu
    Participant

Agree with you, but I’d also add that it might be worthwhile to consider not just how the value proposition of the target maps on the its products and services, etc. but also consider the business/commercial strategy of the target, i.e., What is the plan for realising the value proposition and how is that going to happen?

Jean
    Participant

the commercial DD is fundamental and has a wider scope than just about value proposition or comercial strategy, but it is also about market trends, competitive benchmark, or customer analysis.

Teo Kim Heng
    Participant

There is certainly value, perhaps even necessity, in clearly, diligently mapping value proposition during commercial due diligence. Having said that, there needs to be assurance or measure in place to ensure these mappings are genuinely referred to and used effectively during and even post integration least it becomes another paper exercise which happen in a number of mergers and acquisitions across industries and borders.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

Book a Demo

Book a Demo

Request a Brochure

Request a Brochure

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

Contact us to discuss your goals and needs!

In order to become a charterholder you need to complete one of the IMAA programs