Public information on M&A transactions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David Casado
    Participant

I would like to know how easy is in general to identify Public information in connection with the process description of completed M&A deals.
    In general I have found it challenging as most of the information published relates to the completed deal and not the different steps taken along the journey including timeline.

Martin Tse
    Participant

Hi David, not sure you are going to find that information ‘Publicly’ as the acquiring company will only have a press release, but not detail how the process went or what the workflow was taken during the journey. I believe the process has some commonalities but it’s the ‘secret sauce’ that will stay with the M&A team and not advertised.

Robert Winslow
    Participant

Hi David. Martin is right. Most of the time the deal ‘detail’ you’re seeking is not made public. However, for those deals that require shareholder approvals and publication of a management information circular (common in Canada) you will often find a section disclosing some of the history of the deal process. I work for West Fraser Timber and one such document is posted on our website here: https://www.westfraser.com/sites/default/files/Special%20Circular.pdf
    There is an entire section entitled The Arrangement starting on page 30 that walks through some of the deal history, mechanics of the process, etc., which you might find useful.
    Robert

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

In order to become a charterholder you need to complete one of the IMAA programs