Internal or External PMO

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Necole Ezell
    Participant

A mix of both is ideal paired with strong business owners and well defined playbooks. Additionally, standards and best practices should be followed by all project managers for the acquisition.

Lindsey LeClair
    Participant

I’ve never, in my 20 year career, worked on a deal with both internal and external PMO support. Would love some pointers from the ‘both’ camp as to how they advocated for internal and external PMO resources!

Camilo Franco
    Participant

I have experienced deals with both internal/external PMOs, as well as a mix. I’ve found that a mix tends to drive better results.

Boon Hean Lee
    Participant

A mix of both is probably the best. Internal PMO brings deep knowledge about the business and organisation while external PMO brings in external insights and industry knowledge.

Jeff Christiansen
    Participant

I would hire an external expert to bring best-in-class capabilities and pair them with internal counterparts who can help them navigate the internal landscape.

Kathleen Robbins
    Participant

I feel that the answer to this depends on the business type and length of operation. It is much easier to incorporate a small relatively young company compared to large complex company in an advanced industry where internal knowledge is required.

Melanie Harrer
    Participant

I strongly believe in the advantage of internal PMO as you profit from business know-how & stakeholder network that – combined with proper project management know-how – allows you to be faster and more targeted in ramping up and managing the project. Depending on the complexity of the project (e.g. new country entries), external PMO support can also be very beneficial but should always be steered by the internal PMO. This internal PMO team can be leveraged not only in M&A/PMI projects but any business model developments from JVs to partnerships.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Are you sure you
want to log out?

In order to become a charterholder you need to complete one of the IMAA programs