Valuation Training with
Prof. Aswath Damodaran
About Prof. Damodaran
In our past trainings with him all our participants were enthusiastic with the motivating and dynamic method of delivery as well as the personal interaction.
He received his MBA and PhD from the University of California at Los Angeles. He teaches the corporate finance and valuation courses in the MBA and executive programs. Being at NYU since 1986 he has received the Stern School of Business Excellence in Teaching Award. His research interests lie in valuation, portfolio management and applied corporate finance. He has published papers in the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, the Journal of Financial Economics and the Review of Financial Studies. He has published several books on valuation and corporate finance.
Upcoming Trainings with Prof. Damodaran
About the Valuation Training
The objective of the training is to provide the fundamentals of each approach to valuation, together with limitations and caveats on the use of each, as well as extended examples of the application of each. At the end of the seminar, participants should be able to:
- Value any kind of firm in any market, using discounted cash low models (small and large, private and public)
- Value a firm using multiples and comparable firms
- Analyze and critique the use of multiples in valuation
- Value “problem” firms, such as distressed companies or start ups
- Estimate the effect on value of restructuring a firm
The mix of valuation techniques and applications provided in this training has attracted a widely diverse audience in our past trainings. In particular, it is useful for
- Chief Executive Officers, Board Members and Business Owners
- Chief Financial Officers and Other Corporate Financial Staff
- Head of Business Development, Strategy and M&A
- Chartered Accountants, Investment Bankers and Management Consultants
- Equity Research Analysts
- Portfolio Managers
- Business Angels, Venture Capital, Private Equity, and Family Offices
- The Discounted Cash Flow Model
- Setting up the Model
- The Big Picture of DCF Valuation
- Valuation Examples
- The Discount Rate Question
- Risk premiums and Betas
- The Cost of Debt
- Estimating Cash Flows
- Estimating Growth Rates
- Estimating Growth Patterns
- The Terminal Value
- Closing Thoughts on DCF valuation
- Cash, Cross holdings and other assets
- The Value of Control, Synergy and Transparency
- The Liquidity Discount
- Employee Stock Options Challenges in Valuation
- Valuing young, growth companies
- Valuing mature companies in transition
- Valuing declining and distressed companies
- Valuing cyclical companies
- Valuing commodity companies
- Valuing financial service companies
- Valuing private businesses
- Relative Valuation
- Deconstructing multiples
- Comparable company valuation
For an impression from event in Vienna, please watch the video on the left side. For some additional statements about this and other programs, please have a look at our testimonials and company reference section
Reasons to Take This Program
Experience or take a refresher in valuation in-depth – made comprehensible by one of the world’s best and motivating instructors on valuation.
Network with your peers and industry professionals that face similar challenges when it comes to valuation. A great opportunity to meet old colleagues and make new contacts during this program. In addition we provide access to our global network of other participants from past trainings as well.
Invest in your continued education! Various professional associations accept this training as Continued Education. Take this training as a stand-alone or have it count towards the completion of our IM&A Certificate and M&AP Certificate programs.
Prof Damodaran live
Reading books or watching videos is nothing like experiencing and enjoying Prof. Damodaran in the room teaching and interacting with you in person.
As we are a non-profit research organization, we offer this training at a very affordable fee – great value for money.
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Colombo, Sri Lanka