Legal Mergers & Acquisitions Expert (LM&A)
WHAT TO EXPECT
The Legal Mergers and Acquisitions Expert certification (LM&A) covers all relevant topics within the M&A process from a legal standpoint. Promising deals can go awry because of poor understanding of legal aspects or simply, a lack of pre deal preparation and negligence. The LM&A certificate aims to prepare the participants for the various challenges during the deal and equip them with the best practices and a thorough understanding of relevant legal aspects.
- Structuring the Deal
Different types of mergers lead to different types of challenges in the legal arena. Learn to manage multiple legal challenges that arise in different geographies and jurisdictions.
- Identify Red Flags
Receive an exclusive look on Best Practices when evaluating agreements and identify red flags which may arise during deal evaluation.
- Gain insight into legal M&A contracts and tax considerations
Learn from our experts how to successfully navigate through employment contracts, anti-trust and competition law and IP law.
The LM&A program is structured in four modules based on our LM&A Framework and Body of Knowledge for Mergers & Acquisitions. It is available to take online, onsite or virtually
KEY FACTS & FEES
- Onsite and Virtual Live: 30 hours; Online: approx. 60 hours
- Leading faculty from academia and the industry
- Split into four, easy-to-digest modules
- Content updated regularly
- Prequisite: Hold an academic degree (e.g. PhD, JD, DBA, MBA or Bachelor Degree); and/or hold one or more
professional designations (such as CPA, CFA, CAIA or equivalent)
- Online Program $2’990 USD
- Virtual Live Program $3’990 USD
- Onsite Program $4’990 USD
- Life-long access to the most up-to-date online course content*
- Onsite programs include hard copies of all presentations and materials
- LM&A Charter and Designation upon completion
- First year of Annual Membership Fee
- Access to the entire IMAA e-Library
- Global network of charterholders and experts
- Continued Education / Continued Professional Development: 10 hours bi-annually of relevant online or onsite
education provided by IMAA (online CE/CPD included in the annual membership fee)
While you will meet an international mix of participants from various industries, the Mergers and Acquisitions program is designed for mid-management to senior executives in the C-Suite, directors of public and private companies, board leaders, and heads of strategy and corporate development. It is also geared toward advisers, investment bankers, transactional lawyers, and private equity investors. Individuals and teams are welcome to attend.
After successfully completing the course, you will receive the LM&A Charter. The LM&A is the most internationally recognized designation offered in the field of M&A. This charter signals to peers, clients, employers, and other professionals that you have completed the most comprehensive M&A education program available and are proficient in all areas of the mergers and acquisitions process.
Request a Brochure