Hello, everyone. I would love to hear your ideas/experiences regarding the following current client scenario:
– my client was recently (1 week ago) purchased by a holding company
– the holding company also recently purchased a complimentary company that excels in a niche business in the same industry as my client
– the holding company intends to merge the two companies in the next year
As an HR/ business consultant for my client, I’d like to help them lead the work ahead in terms of co-creating the new company culture. What ideas, experiences, advice would you offer? Given the current state of work (both companies are almost 100 % work from home due to the pandemic), how would you recommend the team approach this important culture work?
Interesting scenario. I’d be interesting in also knowing if your client or the niche company is the ‘dominate’ acquisition. Nonetheless, I would recommend a few ideas:
– allow some job shadowing… this will give each side an opportunity to learn about each other:challenges, strengths and even culture. This should be a well thought out plan and execution with some specific goals. The duration of this may vary by functional areas.
– virtual WFH is a great opport. to still get folks together and I suggest that in addition to the normal integration work, you should organize some social events.
From an integration perspective, I think you (leadership) needs to decide what is the new culture, pretty quickly, so that you establish alignment early. To determine that, again, depending on the companies/industries, you may want to get feedback from both, especially if after they have walked in each other’s shoes, they have a new appreciation for their cultural differences.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.