Culture Co-creation in 2020+

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Arlene Clinkscales 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Participant

Hello, everyone. I would love to hear your ideas/experiences regarding the following current client scenario:
    – my client was recently (1 week ago) purchased by a holding company
    – the holding company also recently purchased a complimentary company that excels in a niche business in the same industry as my client
    – the holding company intends to merge the two companies in the next year

As an HR/ business consultant for my client, I’d like to help them lead the work ahead in terms of co-creating the new company culture. What ideas, experiences, advice would you offer? Given the current state of work (both companies are almost 100 % work from home due to the pandemic), how would you recommend the team approach this important culture work?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Arlene Clinkscales
    Participant

Interesting scenario. I’d be interesting in also knowing if your client or the niche company is the ‘dominate’ acquisition. Nonetheless, I would recommend a few ideas:
    – allow some job shadowing… this will give each side an opportunity to learn about each other:challenges, strengths and even culture. This should be a well thought out plan and execution with some specific goals. The duration of this may vary by functional areas.
    – virtual WFH is a great opport. to still get folks together and I suggest that in addition to the normal integration work, you should organize some social events.

From an integration perspective, I think you (leadership) needs to decide what is the new culture, pretty quickly, so that you establish alignment early. To determine that, again, depending on the companies/industries, you may want to get feedback from both, especially if after they have walked in each other’s shoes, they have a new appreciation for their cultural differences.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Loading.. Please wait