Best practices to retain talent

Tagged: 

This topic contains 26 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  Pablo von Siebenthal 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Agree with much that has been said, and very interesting to read all of this. Similar to what others have already said I would emphasize to importance of identifying the key talent during the due diligence phase and prepare concrete actions with regards to motivating and keeping that group of staff. Not everything needs to be solved through financial incentives. In particular young people react well to new career opportunities and expansion of responsibilities. But the challenge is to communicate effectively and tailor the messages to the various groups of employees and not just send out standardized messages to everybody.

Dnelian Dnelian
    Participant

Book a taxi to Leuven. Taxi transfers Leuven- Zaventem Airport. Affordable airport taxi prices for Zaventem Brussels Airport. Fixed taxi price. Baby chair.
    https://atobtransfer.com/leuven-belgium/taxi-to-leuven/
    https://www.facebook.com/transferservicebrussels/
    https://twitter.com/AtoB_transfer_

Natalie Trabert
    Participant

Stacy-
    Great point- I could not agree more!

Natalie Trabert
    Participant

I think that including 2-way communication opportunities (like frequent open-forum Q and A sessions) within the communication plan is critical in retaining talent- by keeping them informed with facts at every step of the process- rather than allowing an absence of communication/facts to fuel unfounded fears and rumors- which tend to be a significant factor in turnover.

Awais Dilawer
    Participant

Retaining best talent can help companies to earn profit and making a strong position in the market. In a merger or acquisition, companies have to make tough decisions to retain the best employees which could be more useful for company. Companies have to make choices. However, this decision must be made by experts.

Julie Meador
    Participant

Retention plans (cash, equity or combination of both) is key for top talent and to protect the investment. Long term retention of employees can be strengthened by providing meaningful role, impactful work, collaborative environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. Highly engaged employee will not be inclined to look elsewhere.

Yaw Adom-Boateng
    Participant

– Identify the key talents during the due diligence phase of the M&A transaction.
    – identify the key roles to which you intend to assign the talents.
    – Approach, engage and communicate your retention plans and objectives clearly with the identified talents immediately after deal announcement.

Participant

_ Succession Plans
    – Compensation
    – Culture Alignment
    – Transparent Communication
    – Key roles in the Integration Team

Riccardo Scaioli
    Participant

Similar to what others have said, i agree with the retention being a key element in all deals. What i learned from multiple acquisitions, is that you can have a standard general approach, yet this would need to be tailored in regard to the company which is being acquired, and in particular when the two companies are from different cultural and geographical areas, and habits are different. Where an open and friendly approach can be seen the standard, dealing with a small family-owned company, in which the few employees are also close to retirement, will add extra complexity and retention is more and more important: communication is, from my perspective, all the time fundamental.

Kai Jie
    Participant

There are indeed many ways to retain talents in the company, but they can be grouped into two broad categories – financial and non-financial incentives. Financial incentives may include enhanced pay scales, stock options, performance-based bonuses. Non-financial incentives include well-defined leadership opportunities within the company.

Rodney Satterwhite
    Participant

Sharing as much information about the future if the organization is key and some level of commitment to employees by organization. You should expect the people will look for the best opportunities for themselves and their families the act accordingly.

Interesting discussion here on this important question. I would be interested in seeing the studies that imply that so much talent is lost (on average across many transactions). Of course this is a major risk. And it will depend on the specific situation: who is being acquired, what is the brand power of the acquirer, is it a hostile takeover, what are expected synergies (cost, revenue), what is the overarching story/rationale of the deal, how many alternatives do the employees have? etc etc. Generally speaking I would argue talent will see many acquisitions as opportunities. But of course many people for example don’t want to work for a large corporate and might therefore decide to leave in such a situation.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Loading.. Please wait